| Norwich: 01603 280262 Thetford: 01842 769109


Whilst we aim to provide you with a service you will be pleased with, if you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our service we suggest that you try to resolve the problem with the person dealing with your work. If you are unable to resolve such problems to your satisfaction in that way, you should set out your complaint in writing and send it to Partner in the firm Kieran Dunphy; and Kieran will deal with your complaint personally or alternatively another Partner.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can find the detailed process in your client care letter sent at the beginning of your case. If you need another copy please let us know. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

What will happen next?

1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 5 days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.

2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our Partner, Kieran Dunphy, who will review your file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.

3. Kieran Dunphy will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including suggestions for resolving the matter.

4. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another member of staff, knowledgeable in this area, to review their decision.

5. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.

What do to if we cannot resolve your complaint

If for any reason we are unable to resolve the problem between us, then we are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and complaints and redress mechanisms are provided through the SRA and the Legal Ombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case. Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint; and
  • No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
  • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them. Contact details Visit:

Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.

Email: or write

Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic. Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Regulation Authority.